A mommy makeover is a combination of surgical procedures designed to help you achieve your pre-pregnancy body. It can include a tummy tuck, breast lift, and liposuction. You might also opt for a breast augmentation or reduction. The goal of a mommy makeover is to give you back your confidence and help you feel like yourself again. If you’re thinking about having a mommy makeover, you’re likely wondering what the process entails and how you can prepare for it. Here’s everything you need to know about getting a mommy makeover by Dr Leonard Hochstein.
Consult with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
The first step in getting a mommy makeover is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience performing the procedure. During your consultation, be sure to ask about the surgeon’s experience, as well as their before-and-after photos of past patients. It’s also important to ask about the risks and complications associated with the surgery.
Create a Realistic Expectation
It’s important to have realistic expectations when it comes to your results. A mommy makeover can give you back your pre-pregnancy body, but it won’t turn back the clock. The surgery will improve your appearance and help you feel more confident, but it won’t necessarily change your life.
Look for a Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
When choosing a surgeon, be sure to look for one who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). This certification indicates that the surgeon has undergone extensive training and is qualified to perform plastic surgery procedures.
Be Prepared for Recovery
Recovery time after a mommy makeover varies from patient to patient, but it’s typically anywhere from two weeks to six weeks. During this time, you’ll likely need help at home with taking care of your children and doing household chores. Be sure to have someone lined up who can lend a helping hand during your recovery period.
Recovery and aftercare tips for mommies post-surgery
1. Get plenty of rest: After your surgery, it’s important to get plenty of rest. Your body needs time to recover and heal. Try to take it easy for the first few days and nights after your surgery.
2. Take your pain medication: You’ll likely be prescribed pain medication to help you manage any discomfort after your surgery. Be sure to take it as directed by your surgeon.
3. Avoid strenuous activity: It’s important to avoid any strenuous activity, such as lifting heavy objects or working out, during your recovery period. Doing too much too soon can cause complications and slow down your healing process.
4. Follow your surgeon’s instructions: Be sure to follow all of your surgeon’s instructions for your recovery and aftercare. This will help ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
5. Have someone else help you with your children: After your surgery, it’s important to have someone else help you with your children. Whether it’s a family member or friend, make sure you have someone who can lend a helping hand during your recovery period.
In the end
A mommy makeover can give you back your pre-pregnancy body and help you feel more confident about your appearance. But it’s important to have realistic expectations about the surgery and be prepared for recovery before undergoing the procedure. Choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon who is certified by the ABPS is an important first step in ensuring that you get the best possible results from your mommy makeover.